Fire emergencies can happen anywhere and at any time of the day. It can happen at home, at the mall or even in a construction site. As a matter of fact, a construction area is more susceptible to fire and when this happens, the risks that it poses are greater compared to a burning house or building. That is why the fire department is stricter when it comes to implementing fire safety regulations in construction sites. They want to make sure that the safety of the workers is prioritized through observing and practicing construction fire safety. Fire Safety
There are several ways to prevent fire from starting in a construction site and it is important to know these construction fire safety tips to ensure the safety of the people working on the construction site. In fact, these things should really be followed in order to abide with the fire safety regulations that the fire department require.
Here the construction fire safety tips and guidelines that should be followed by any construction site to make sure that no fire break outs will start and that their workers are protected from any fire accidents:
1. Inform the fire department about the construction project that will be done. This is important because the fire department can help you develop a fire protection plan that is in line with the basic fire safety regulations.
2. As much as possible, avoid using open flames in a construction. Find other alternatives to make sure that the fire will not grow or will be too difficult to control.
3. If you really need to use hazardous materials or devices like welding machines or propane torches, make sure that there are at least two fire extinguishers that are within fifteen feet of the area where these materials or devices will be used. This will help extinguish the fire if ever it gets out of hand.
4. Remove all combustible materials from the area after construction hours are done or make sure to place a fire resistant covering on them to avoid fire from igniting especially when there is no one around to put out the fire immediately.
5. When using chemical solvents, make sure to have proper ventilation in the area to avoid the fumes from building up and exploding.
6. Prohibit the construction workers from smoking on the construction site. Sometimes, reckless disposal of these little cigarette butts are the cause of a major fire in a construction site.
7. Make sure to keep all flammable liquids stored in a fire proof cabinet outside the building. These flammable liquids are one of the top causes of fire breaking out in a construction site.
A construction site has always been one of the most dangerous and accident prone areas in any city. That is why it is very important to make sure that the areas are always kept safe especially from fire. So always make sure that you follow these construction fire safety tips to ensure the safety of the workers and the area.